- Scholarships will be awarded to a son or daughter of a current or lifetime member of the Kentucky High School Coaches Association providing the child is a graduating high school senior and interested in majoring in education.
- A total of $10,000 for 5 boys and 5 girls will be awarded as follows and sent directly to each recipient.
A $1,000 scholarship to each of 5 boys for the freshman year
A $1,000 scholarship to each of 5 girls for the freshman year
- Applicants must have a 3.0/4.0 GPA in their 17 high school core classes through the first semester of their senior year, a 22 or better on the ACT, or 900 or better on the SAT.
- Each applicant must send
- his/her transcript
- senior year first-semester report card
- a list of extra-curricular activities
- a copy of ACT/SAT scores
- letters of recommendation - one from the high school principal or counselor and one from a teacher
- photocopy of your parent(s) KHSCA membership card
- a 200-word essay explaining his/her reasons for choosing the field of education, the person who has influenced you the most to further your education
An applicant who receives a full-time academic/athletic scholarship as a college freshman is not eligible for a KHSCA scholarship.
1. PRINT and complete the SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM.