Professional Development programs will now include the following:
- “Gym2jury” editions on line quarterly. These subscriptions will be forward to your schools coaches through the Athletic Director. You will also access to the previous years editions!
- NOCAD (National Organization of Coaches Associations Directors). This is the arm of KHSCA that holds the insurance policy for our members and is a dues structured organization. More than 75,000 high school coaches (over 35 states) fall under the umbrella of NOCAD. Also, NOCAD allows its member state coaching associations, such as the KHSCA, access to their professional development newsletters and publications from other states that have newsletters, coaches publications, coaching techniques, points of view, etc..a professional coaching library that can be utilized to make our members more professional.
Coaching Requirements: The Kentucky HS Athletic Association will continue to operate the online services of yearly, mandatory required sports rules clinics. But to off -set future expenses to the schools for this service the KHSCA is now the exclusive sponsor and paid for all rules clinics that are conducted by the KHSAA. Plans are being developed to help off -set future expenses to the schools on the Coaches Education Program and Sports Safety Training for our members and schools.
Student-Athletes Scholarship Benefit: The KHSCA continues to honor our student/athletes with awards at the district and state level for their accomplishments. The KHSCA continues (established in 1998) to offer our members son/daughter who is a graduating senior in high school and hopes to pursue a career in teaching/coaching one of our ten $1,000.00 scholarships by meeting application requirements.
GENERAL LIABILITY PROGRAM
- A KHSCA membership card honored throughout the state for free admissions to high school athletic events as well as some college events
- Championship plaques for member coaches who win state championships sponsored by the KHSAA
- You may be eligible to nominate and vote on coaches for the KHSCA Coach of the Year awards
- You may be eligible to become a coach of an All-Star team. Only members of the KHSCA are eligible to serve in this capacity.
- You may be eligible for state, regional and national Coach of the Year awards
- You may be eligible to serve on the Executive Committee of the KHSCA
Coverage is provided to your State Association (KHSCA) and Members through the Commercial General Liability Policy issued to the National Organization of Coaches Association Directors (NOCAD)
August 1st of each membership year to August 1st of the next year.
LIMITS OF INSURANCE
- $1,000,000 Each Occurrence
- $1,000,000 General Aggregate
- $1,000,000 Products/Completed Operation
- $1,000,000 Personal & Advertising Operations
- $ 50,000 Fire Damage
- Excluded - Medical Payments
Today, most coaches are involved in some type of sport scamps. Coverages such as General Liability and Accident Medical for your participants are available to all KHSCA member coaches through your State Associations master policies. Please not that our current General Liability Program follows all members while working at camps and/or conducting their own personal camp.
CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE & PARTICIPANT ACCIDENT
- If you have a camp and require proof of insurance certificates are at no additional charge.
- If you have a camp and require a certificate of insurance naming an Additional Insured the cost is $150.00.
- Participant/Accident Coverage must be in place for all participants prior to the issuance of a certificate of insurance naming an Additional Insured.
- Certificate of Insurance and Participant/Accident request forms are available through your State Association (KHSCA).
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION please contact your state association (KHSCA) or Loomis & Lapann, Inc.,
1-800-566-6479 (www.loomislapann.com). ASK FOR: Greg Joly (firstname.lastname@example.org), Kevin Joyce (email@example.com), or Karen Boller (firstname.lastname@example.org).